LA Diaper Drive
LA Diaper Drive improves the lives and futures of low-income families through its award-winning model of using diapers as incentive to get parents into parenting, life skills, GED prep, and other life-improving classes.
We distribute the diapers through well-established organizations that already work with low-income families and run the classes. These partner agencies report that attendance doubles and triples in classes where diapers are introduced as an incentive to attend.
• One-third of all moms in Los Angeles are struggling to provide enough diapers for their babies
• Food stamps and WIC cannot be used to buy diapers
• An adequate supply of diapers can cost over $100 a month
• Poor and low-income babies often spend a whole day or more in a single dirty diaper
• Babies need up to 12 diapers a day
• Laundromats do not allow customers to wash cloth diapers for health and sanitary reasons
• Most childcare facilities require that parents leave a full day’s supply of disposable diapers in order to leave their kids